The word cool can have several different meanings. It can refer to the temperature of water, the calm personality of an individual, or an indifference to an idea or encounter. But for the purpose of this article, we are thinking of the definition that brings to mind a company that is aware of the latest trends and developments, and isn’t afraid to step away from the safe, traditional ways of doing things. Safe may be comfortable, but knowing the direction of customer tastes, and responding quickly with appropriate branded products, will capture the attention of an ever-fluid audience.
So what products might be considered “cool”? The answer depends on the budget, the recipient, and the campaign. Virtually every product category – from pens to parkas – offers trendy options for logo merchandise. A few of my favorites are listed below.
- Acid wash burnout fleece in a variety of fashionable colors, for men and women
- Totally crushable, packable western/outdoor styled hat with shapeable brim
- Fitness tracker that encourages better exercise habits
- Liquid filled mouse pads with images beneath surface that offer a mesmerizing liquid motion to your message
- Selfie stick – no description necessary!
- LED running wristband improves visibility while running at night
- Pantone matched winter wearables, like texting gloves and beanies
- Sunglasses with logo graphics printed on the lenses
- Copper moscow mule mugs for the next evening event
- Waterproof pouch for phones – a must for beaches, sporting events and gyms
- Charging stations for mobile phones and tablets
And, of course, it’s good to keep in mind that almost any promotional item can be cool with creative graphics and decoration methods. Visually appealing items will grab attention every time.
Next time you’re planning a corporate giveaway and you want to get back to cool, think outside the box and consider products that reflect the trends your customers have already embraced.