Every brand should have a twist in order to be heard over all the other brand noise in the marketplace. Whether it’s with a catchy advertising jingle that you can’t get out of your head; a fun-loving quirky spokesperson, like Progressive’s hugely popular “Flo”; or high-design merchandise like the Apple products, companies looking to appeal to their audience on an emotional level should always be looking for that edge.
Fortunately, when it comes to distributing branded giveaways, stand-out designs don’t always mean expensive price tags. Furthermore, product designs that get noticed for one company aren’t necessarily the same types of products that a different audience would appreciate. As always, when choosing a great item for your next promotional gift, consider the audience and the brand message you want to convey, with a design that is fresh and a cost that makes sense for your budget.
I’ve provided a few examples of practical products that also offer creative design elements. And, of course, all items have room for a logo imprint.
- Phone or tablet backstrap: Provides protection from surface scratches while giving you a place to hold cards or documents.
- Silicone speaker amplifier: Boosts sound on a smart phone up to 200% without external power source while holding the phone for easy media viewing.
- Wireless activity tracker: Count steps, calories, nutrition and sleep with a wrist device or less-expensive clip-on unit.
- Custom notebooks: Build a notebook with a custom cutout shape, insert pages, clip-in bookmark, usb pocket or dozens of other custom options.
- Performance fabric t-shirt: Moisture wicking, anti-odor technology changes the game for the next tee giveaway.
Great product design comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. Those products stand out because the designs are fresh while their intended use still makes sense for the recipient. It takes a little more time to be creative, but it’s worth the effort when your customers takes notice!