Don’t expect your target customer audience to get excited about another shirt, hat or fleece that looks just like all the others in their closets. Appreciative, yes – excited, no. But with a little extra time and effort, your company can offer a clothing item that showcases your brand creativity and youthful attitude.
- Fully customized hooded sweatshirts are a perfect cold weather item for young and old, male or female, regardless of industry.
- Yoga leggings with custom waistband or all-over print are designed with relaxation in mind, and work well for women’s organizations, gyms or yoga studios.
- All-over print t-shirts and jackets make a bold statement for corporate conferences, team events and trade shows.
- Custom branded pockets on all types of t-shirts provides a single-location brand statement that pops off the garment.
- Add subtle creative flair with a custom logo inside collar on 1/4 zip, 1/2 zip or full zip fleece.
Be bold, or remain understated – in either case the difference is clear when a custom branded apparel item stands out from the crowded field of embroidered or screen printed corporate clothing. Showcase your brand attitude – it’s everything!
In the era of #ThrowbackThursdays and #FlashbackFridays, retro-inspired products are more popular than ever. The nostalgic emotion of times past triggers the happy feelings that retro products inflame.
In response, corporate marketing departments are capitalizing on this trend with branded products that resonate with that audience – and those products are created with the modern consumer in mind. Check out a few of the more popular merchandise trends below.
- Classic radio styles equipped with bluetooth capability
- Metal coolers with retro design and modern stay-cold features
- Full color metal lunchboxes
- Playing cards with custom fronts and backs
- Customized board games like Scrabble and Monopoly featuring corporate graphics and messages
- Coffee mugs; bottle openers; and coasters that look like vinyl records
- Hoodie sweatshirts, sweatpants and skater-style sneakers are even making a resurgence
There is a wide range of products that reflect the retro craze without sacrificing the present-day features we have all come to expect. Consider retro with a modern twist for your next promotion – those items are having a moment.
The way that you dress can earn you, and your brand, respect. At corporate events like trade shows and industry conferences – or even in the office on a Friday afternoon – it’s important to dress professionally so others know you mean business.
Business casual attire is well-accepted but it can be tempting to take the idea of “casual” too far. It should be less formal than traditional business-wear, but still provide a professional appearance. Keeping that in mind, disheveled t-shirts, cargo shorts and flip-flops should be left at home for the weekend hang-time.
Depending on the industry and age of the employees, appropriate business attire can mean polos or button-downs, paired with pants for men, and pants or skirts for women. On occasion well-constructed jeans are acceptable, but not the ones with holes and fraying hems. Even though in today’s fashion world consumers pay a premium for a pair of designer ripped jeans, it’s still not the right image for someone representing most corporate brands.
Consistent brand identity, which in turn increases brand loyalty, relies on maintaining a dependable dress code for every corporate event. Consumers come to depend on a recognizable corporate image that commands their respect. That respect becomes trust – and trust grows into loyalty.
If you respect your brand with appropriate attire, so will your customers.
There are lots of opportunities for corporate outings in the summer – ball games, charity runs, community events and employee picnics to name a few. And in addition to the company affairs, employees and customers are spending time at the beach or pool; enjoying golf, tennis or fishing; and just hanging in the yard or at the park with the family. All of this time in the sun gives every company the perfect opportunity to increase brand visibility with stylish gear meant to protect their audience from those harmful rays.
Consider a few of the most popular items on the market today.
- Rash Guards: Originally designed for surfers, these fast-drying lightweight shirts offer UV protection and warmth, and are available in both long sleeve and short sleeve styles in a wide variety of colors.
- Sun Hats: Move beyond the standard ball cap, and embrace sun hats in any of the many fashion-forward styles like booney hats, bucket hats and fedoras.
- Board Shorts: Offered with or without side pockets, board shorts come in different lengths and colors, and are constructed of moisture wicking, fast drying fabric.
- Hiking/Boating/Fishing Shirts: Vented backs, long or short sleeves and multiple pockets offer necessary features on a shirt that is also made with fabric that packs light, dries fast and provides UV sun protection.
- Sunglasses: There are classically cool styles and modern fashionable designs, but everyone needs a pair of sunglasses for protection from the sun, wind and dust … not to mention the fun of having different eyewear for different activities and outfits.
- Cooling Towels: Simply soak the towel in water, wring it out, snap it a few times, and voila! a cool refreshing towel to get reinvigorated on a hot day.
All of these items can be branded with corporate logos, which means there are multiple opportunities to increase brand awareness this summer. Give a stylish stay-cool item as your next giveaway to keep those rays at bay.
42% of U.S. consumers who keep promotional hats do so because they are attractive. Although it seems to be stating the obvious, hats need to look good to be worn. And if there is a choice to be made between a unique, well-designed hat and one that is boring in its color and logo decoration, then it’s likely the well-designed cap will win the day.
Front embroidery has always been the classic decoration method for caps. But in response to retail fashion trends, cap suppliers have developed more sophisticated techniques that can enhance, or replace, standard embroidery. These techniques add style and value to the cap, and give your customers a unique look that will be worth wearing.
Consider a few of the following decoration options:
- Hat Tattoo: Embellish without limits! Ink imprint can be applied to the visor, over embroidery, on felt appliqué or on the mesh back of a trucker cap – imprint available almost anywhere on the cap!
- Heat Transfers: Logo can be applied in glitter flake, flocking, full color and camo transfers for a unique effect.
- 3D Embroidery: This technique has been around for several years, but now we can add a full-color sublimated overlay to make that logo pop!
- Merrowed Edge Patch: Either embroidered for a vintage look, or full color sublimated ink for colorful, detailed designs, patches are perfect for adding the interest of texture.
A cap provides 3,136 logo impressions over their lifetime – but only if the customer wears it. The next time your company is considering a hat giveaway, ask about ideas for a different way to showcase your logo. Increasing brand awareness is worth the extra effort.
High fashion labels have embraced the clear tote, and your corporate customers have noticed. Originally a utilitarian accessory meant to make passage into sports stadiums, schools and airport security lines easier, clear totes are showing up on fashion runways, and in stores from Urban Outfitters to Nordstrom.
Messenger bags, open-top totes, cross-body purses and cinch backpacks are all offered in see-through styles. The design encourages the user to consider more carefully what they carry, and still provides plenty of room for all the necessities. They are a great way to pack up for a day at the beach, or to put in some extra clothes for the gym. Clear totes are easy to clean, and extremely durable, which makes it perfect for any age group.
Considering the rising popularity in fashion, not to mention all the obvious advantages of being prepared for the new law enforcement policies at many of the large-crowd events, the clear tote has become a great vehicle for promoting corporate brands.
Rain slickers are back! Originally this classic outdoor rain jacket was offered only in the traditional maritime yellow. Heavy, but functional, it was created for those brave souls who worked outside.
No longer the stalwart of fisherman, sailors and toddlers, today’s rain slicker is fashionable. The fabrics are improved, and the styling is up-to-date with slimmer cuts, vent holes and slant pockets. Unlike the predictable windbreakers that offer a generic, gender-neutral style in two or three basic colors, rain slickers are offered in a variety of colors that are on-trend and ready to be noticed.
Rain slickers sporting your company logo are the perfect choice for many corporate marketing efforts. Company outings and outdoor community events; wellness initiatives promoting walking; appreciation gesture to valued clients; or gearing up for a spring team-building event. Try one on, and you’ll agree – the right slicker will help your brand stand out in the rain!