The business benefits that can be accrued from corporate gift-giving are many, from increased productivity to employee satisfaction to longevity in customer relationships. The gifts you give represent your company, and should express the value you place in your relationship with the recipient. And what better way to show your respect for your employees and customers than to give them the gift of warmth.
Name brand clothing lines with fashion-forward styles, better fabric options and more choices for women, in particular, offer the corporate world an opportunity to give a gift that will build loyalty and brand awareness with every recipient. Rather than the standard polo or button-down shirt that is a necessary choice for trade shows and office attire, cold weather clothing essentials are items that will be worn at home, on the weekends, and on the job.
Consider the following apparel categories and the new ways to give the gift of warmth to your customers and employees in the coming winter months.
- Hats: Beanies with leather patch, bluetooth headphones, or LED light; fleece lined tassel hat; or polar fleece headband
- Fleece Jackets: Lightweight microfleece full zip jacket; super warm brushed fleece pullover; or sophisticated quarter zip rib knit fleece
- Hoodies: Vintage french terry hoodie; women’s poncho hoodie; or hooded hockey sweatshirt
- Puffer Jacket: Packable down vest or jacket; water resistant finish polyfill jacket; or ecologically sound lightweight layering jacket
There is a cold-weather clothing item that will work for nearly every recipient. Take the time to consider the age and lifestyle of those people you want to thank, and give them something that will give them comfort from the cold in the coming months. They’ll thank you!
Corporate gift giving is serious business. It helps establish or enhance important relationships with customers and employees. Different than an incentive award given to high achievers, or promotional products used as advertising, the corporate gift should affirm the personal relationship between the giver and the recipient. And there’s no better way to achieve that sense of partnership than with heart felt attention to the details around the presentation of the gift.
Investing in nice wrapping paper, unique embellishments and quality card stock with a hand written note makes a statement about the value of not only the gift itself, but of the thought behind it. Keeping in mind that creative ideas for gift wrapping don’t have to include elaborate bows or Martha Stewart crafting talents, I have listed below a few simple ways to upgrade your next gift presentation.
- Wrap the gift box in single color wrapping paper that matches your corporate color with wide logo ribbon tied in a simple bow
- Use brightly colored handle bags for small gifts, stuffed with logo tissue paper, and labeled with the recipient’s name
- Add plain colored tissue or crinkle paper inside a box or bag that comes in a coordinating color; seal with a simple single color logo label
- For baskets, bags or odd-shaped boxes, use translucent gift wrap secured with an extra long metallic twist tie that holds a large colorful hang tag
- Put locally sourced food items inside a customized gift tin or colorful gabled box custom printed with the company logo or seasonal message
Of course, most corporate associates are working hard on the tasks associated with their daily jobs and have little time left over for wrapping gifts. Understandable, but not a reason to avoid this important part of the gift giving process. Gift wrapping is often offered for a small fee, or included in the added value services of your promotional products provider. The next time you work with her or him on a corporate gift idea, make a point to ask about their service options for improving the presentation.
(Image via olderandwiser.com)