At this time of year, promoting your business with cold weather accessories like a faux fur lined trapper hat is a sure way to warm the hearts, and heads, of your customers. According to the 2014 Advertising Specialty Industry (ASI) Impressions Study, 42% of US consumers will keep a promotional hat if it is attractive. Keeping that in mind, rather than another ball cap for a 1st quarter giveaway, consider one of the retail-inspired fashionable choices currently available.
There are many options, but the final choice depends on the age and demographic of your audience. A trapper hat may not be the best choice for the middle aged women on your customer list, but when appealing to the younger set, it’s certainly more appealing than a golf visor. Below are some of the cold-weather hats that are trending in retail and can be branded with a company logo.
- Trapper Hat: Faux fur lined hat with chin strap and buckle. A sure hit for the young men as well as the outdoors-inclined young women.
- Slouch Beanie: Acrylic/Poly beanie that keeps the ears warm in a slouchy silhouette that is preferred by many young women and men over the traditional skull cap.
- Newsboy Hat: Also known as the Cabby Hat, this updated classic style is offered in solid or herringbone fabrics that appeal to men of all ages.
- Fleece Bucket Hat: Microfiber fleece lined bucket hat is comfy and stylish regardless of the recipients age.
- Classic Beanie: Available in fleece, acrylic or wool, this popular hat option is perfect for hiking the trails or around town.
Regardless of which hat is selected, the logo treatment should be subtle. Unless, of course, your brand happens to be that of a winning football team, most people would prefer not to be billboards for your company. But even a subtle logo will be seen and the number of brand impressions increases every time that hat is worn.
Winter weather is with us for a few more months. Consider a warm, stylish hat as a way to connect with your customers at a time when they may be hard to reach.