Since July, tariffs have been imposed on nearly half of the Chinese goods imported to the US. Those tariffs – which is essentially a tax on an imported good – can either be absorbed by the importer or passed on to the buyer through price increases.
For the most part, the impact of these tariffs on the promotional products industry won’t be felt until 2019, but why wait? There are many high-quality options for USA-made promotional products, and none of them will be subject to tariffs.
- Drinkware: Cups, mugs, and tumblers are all available in various colors and shapes to help keep your customer hydrated.
- Tote Bags, Aprons, Tablecloths: Create a custom bag with one-of-a-kind features; trade show table covering with enhanced graphics; or colorful apron for staff or customer gift.
- Socks: Exploding in popularity and available with low minimums and endless customization options.
- Plastics: Bag tags, cell phone holders, ice scrapers and clipboards are a few of the many plastic promotional items that remain popular giveaways at an affordable price.
- Paper Products: Notepads, calendars, sticky notes and journals are all made in the USA and are among the most popular giveaways for home, travel and office.
- Leather Goods: From key tags to high-end luggage, every customer appreciates the quality of genuine leather and the appeal of American craftsmanship.
- Caps and Hats: Many US manufacturers offer ball caps and knit beanies, which are especially good for inventory programs that want a unique product but can’t afford long lead times.
- T-Shirts: Short sleeve and long sleeve tees have been made in the USA for many years, but with the increased attention on this category, there are more choices and better price points.
There are many reasons, other than avoiding tariffs, to consider buying USA-made goods for your next promotion. Those reasons include supporting American jobs, reducing carbon footprint, and endorsing the superior human rights environment of the American worker. When you add it all up, a USA-made product with your corporate logo sends the right message to your customer without blowing the department budget.