Summer is finally here, and your customers are headed outside. Youth baseball games; pool and beach family outings; vacation road trips; and just hanging out on the patio. Nearly ever summer activity takes us out of the house and on the road.
While moving from one summer activity to the next, drinkware of all types helps us to stay hydrated. This constant need for beverages to be close at hand makes sport bottles, travel mugs and coffee tumblers among the most popular corporate promotional giveaways.
Water bottles come in all shapes and sizes, including those that offer a separate compartment for fruit to create a refreshing fruit-infused drink. Your favorite wake-me-up coffee in the morning can stay hot in travel mugs that fit any car holder, or in classic handle mugs that sit as well on an office desk as they do on the ground by the campfire.
In addition to being convenient, branded beverage containers promote a healthier planet by reducing the need for disposable cups and bottles. Companies that want to reach the passionately eco-conscious Millenials and Gen-Xers are well-served by distributing drinkware that makes sense for their audience.
Summer is here. Help your customers enjoy it a little more with a branded sports bottle or travel mug. They won’t leave home without it!
Since July, tariffs have been imposed on nearly half of the Chinese goods imported to the US. Those tariffs – which is essentially a tax on an imported good – can either be absorbed by the importer or passed on to the buyer through price increases.
For the most part, the impact of these tariffs on the promotional products industry won’t be felt until 2019, but why wait? There are many high-quality options for USA-made promotional products, and none of them will be subject to tariffs.
- Drinkware: Cups, mugs, and tumblers are all available in various colors and shapes to help keep your customer hydrated.
- Tote Bags, Aprons, Tablecloths: Create a custom bag with one-of-a-kind features; trade show table covering with enhanced graphics; or colorful apron for staff or customer gift.
- Socks: Exploding in popularity and available with low minimums and endless customization options.
- Plastics: Bag tags, cell phone holders, ice scrapers and clipboards are a few of the many plastic promotional items that remain popular giveaways at an affordable price.
- Paper Products: Notepads, calendars, sticky notes and journals are all made in the USA and are among the most popular giveaways for home, travel and office.
- Leather Goods: From key tags to high-end luggage, every customer appreciates the quality of genuine leather and the appeal of American craftsmanship.
- Caps and Hats: Many US manufacturers offer ball caps and knit beanies, which are especially good for inventory programs that want a unique product but can’t afford long lead times.
- T-Shirts: Short sleeve and long sleeve tees have been made in the USA for many years, but with the increased attention on this category, there are more choices and better price points.
There are many reasons, other than avoiding tariffs, to consider buying USA-made goods for your next promotion. Those reasons include supporting American jobs, reducing carbon footprint, and endorsing the superior human rights environment of the American worker. When you add it all up, a USA-made product with your corporate logo sends the right message to your customer without blowing the department budget.
Last year the world population used over 500,000 million straws, 480 billion plastic bottles and one trillion single use plastic bags. The impact to the oceans and our planet’s health has been devastating. Over the last few years there has been a resounding public outcry against the use of these types of disposable plastics, and the corporate world is responding.
Hotels and airlines are instituting bans on plastic straws, and cities around the country are doing the same for disposable plastic bags. Tour companies and cruise lines are joining in the fight, while corporations in every industry with brand marketing budgets are supporting the cause with more eco-conscious giveaways. And as the following examples demonstrate, it’s not only good for the environment, it’s also good for business.
- Drinkware – Third Most Influential Promotional Item: Acrylic, stainless and ceramic drinkware products can easily replace disposable plastic bottles and cups. As with every corporate giveaway, consider the style of the product to be sure it matches the lifestyle of the recipient. Ceramic mugs are fine for office workers, but those who spend a lot of time in a car or outdoors need plastic or stainless.
- Stainless Steel or Copper Straws – 53% Of U.S. Consumers Use Promotional Drinkware: The same consumers giving up plastic bottles for reusable drinkware are anxious to receive their first truly reusable straw. Dishwasher friendly and engraved with a company logo and/or personal name, these unique promotional items truly reflect the fast-growing demand for alternatives to plastic straws.
- Reusable Bags – Create More Impressions Than Any Other Promotional Product: For grocery shopping, travel, and outdoor excursions, a reusable canvas or non-woven bag, backpack or duffel are smart giveaway choices that are used at home and in the office. Not just for carrying groceries, sturdy bags of every style increase brand identity and improve brand loyalty.
For corporations that want to appeal to this generation’s sensitivity to the health of our planet, it makes good business sense to promote your brand while encouraging more eco-friendly habits. Give the corporate gift that keeps on giving!