At its most basic level, disruptive branding can be understood from the dictionary definition of disrupt: To cause (something) to be unable to continue in the normal way; To interrupt the normal progress or activity of (something). The (something) corporate marketers want to interrupt is the business-as-usual mindset that gets in the way of innovative thinking about how to deliver the brand message to customers. And delivering that message often includes distributing products with the corporate logo at trade shows, community events, golf outings and new product launches.
Giving away the ever-popular t-shirts, bags and pens will always remain the staples of most corporate product giveaways, but slipping in a few out-of-the-box, crazy product ideas will stir up a little brand excitement and definitely disrupt the branding status-quo. Consider a few of the many options that will appeal to disruptive personalities:
- Crazy Print Sunglasses: Everyone will be wild about jungle theme UV protection sunglasses.
- Crazy Wild Animal Lanyard: Animal prints on basic lanyards bring fun to the everyday badge holder.
- Crazy Animal Rubber Bands: Silly wrist rubber bands in different colors and animal shapes are fun for kids & adults.
- Crazy Balls Umbrella: 48″ umbrella with all-over disco ball design stands out in the rain.
- Crazy Fan Wig: Eye-catching wig with bright colored, stand-up hair that is perfect for the next sporting event.
- Crazy Putty Eggs: Just like what we remember as kids, colored eggs with matching putty.
- Crazy Straw Tumbler: Clear tumbler with corkscrew colored straw makes hydrating a lot more fun.
- Crazy 8 Ball: Give your customers the answers to mind-reading questions from the top window of this styrene ball.
- Crazy Bird Pen: Ballpoint pen in crazy bird flamingo shape will grab attention at home or office.
Take a look at some creative product ideas for your next promotion. When you find everyone around you playing with the samples, you’ll know it’s time to go a little crazy!