When brainstorming new ideas, we’re told to “think outside the box”. This basic premise for creative thinking assumes we should view the issue at hand more expansively. When the issue is the next corporate giveaway, the packaging that is used to deliver a gift, trade show giveaway or conference materials should be viewed with the same creative approach.
Packaging can be considered a silent salesperson, communicating feelings and information that can’t be delivered by just the branded product inside. It can generate excitement and curiosity, creating buzz even before the box is opened. A clever container with vivid graphics and brand-specific messages can be designed for nearly any item. Food, apparel, print material, tech items, drinkware, writing instruments … the list of potential promotional gifts is long, and there are innovative box options for each.
Consider these inspired packaging picks – all available with custom graphics – for a branded item that may otherwise be familiar and forgettable.
- Butterfly box: top opens like butterfly wings and holds any small gift item (heart box is another option in this genre)
- Milk carton box: keeps cookies, nuts or candy in a box that dispenses as easily as morning milk
- Single-serve coffee box: this box is self-explanatory and perfect for a new employee welcome pack or hospital/student care package
- Tool box: provides an instant marketing message and can hold food, conference items, or (spoiler alert) tools
- Bottle neck box: slips around the neck of a bottle with a place to add another small gift item
- Pyramid box: build your argument with this distinctive shape even before the gift is revealed
- Suitcase box: fill this with travel essentials for the next sales incentive program
The choices are limited only by your imagination and creativity. When thinking outside the box on your next marketing initiative, begin by thinking about that box!
(Image via Admints)